Tuesday, September 29, 2009

GIVE ME HUMOR OR GIVE ME DEATH.


When it comes to reading anything political, humor will get you everywhere my friend. I may not always agree, but if an author is boring, I wont even take the time to read the book.

Glenn Beck's "Arguing with Idiots: How to Stop Small Minds and Big Government," was absolutely hilarious. I especially loved the side bars and his "A.D.D. Moments." Do I agree with everything he says? Absolutely not. But I have got to give him the respect he deserves for giving his opinions to us, (unplugged!) He uses real life quotes to support his ideas, but definitely goes out of his way to make the person look as bad as possible. But I say, good for him!

Here's a brief example of an A.D.D. Moment: "By Adjusting the top rates and reducing windfalls paid out to some of the wealthiest individuals in the nation, we can help restore a sense of equity and fairness that is critical to the success of our voluntary tax system." Beck retaliates with "I always love when politicians call our tax system "voluntary," as though people have a choice whether or not to pay them. Ask Wesley Snipes how voluntary it is to file a 1040."

My opinion? Yeah, our taxes are voluntary, but if you don't pay, you go to prison! You get the idea, this book is great!

No comments: