Saturday, March 10, 2012

adult adhd.

We all have a bit of ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder, or throw some "H"ypertension in there for some of you) in us. I know I do, daily. When I am subbing, I never blame my students for being all hyped up by the end of the day, I am right there with them and it's only going to get worse once the weather improves. Tonight, my manfriend and I were thinking of seeing a movie. Project X quickly became our first choice after we saw that it is only an hour and a half long. Basically, we both need a "his" and "hers" version of the t-shirt below...


Author and Dr. Lidia Zylowska introduces her 8-step program in her self-help book, The Mindfulness Prescription for Adult ADHD: An 8-Step Program for Strengthening Attention, Managing Emotions, and Achieving Your Goals. Adult ADHD is constantly left untreated or simply medicated, this book is for those of you who would rather avoid medication and find alternative relief if you are constantly spaced out. Dr. Zylowska includes meditating techniques and mindfulness training to help us increase our focus and concentration. I have been testing out some of her strategies when I begin to daydream about my manfriend rather than focus on the task at hand....educating America's youth. They have really been helping a lot.

No comments: