Sunday, April 29, 2012

down to earth cooking.

It all started with a blog (I hope to one day become famous and can say that), ThePioneerWoman.com. Ree Drummond has been around since starting the website in 2006, entertaining us with her stories about life as a country girl living on a ranch with her family in Oklahoma and helping us fill our recipe books. She came out with her first cookbook in 2009 and her cooking show on the Food Network premiered last fall. She has a memoir out, a children’s book and her second cookbook, The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food from My Frontier hit the shelves in March. I repeat: it all started with a blog.


Ree is a busy lady, but not too busy to continue using her easy to follow photographic instructions, which as a visual learner, I LOVE.  The cookbook pretty much consists of equal parts breakfast, lunch, party food, sweets, and canning. Soup has fewer recipes than most, and supper has the most. It is good old fashioned home cooking, including Mac ‘n Cheese, Sloppy Joes, Burgers and French Toast.  This chick really knows her stuff, and she’s extremely likeable. Hm, maybe I should be nicer on here so you all like me better? Nah.

No comments: