Friday, April 20, 2012

it's almost that time again...

Spring is here in WNY, and the weather is getting brighter and warmer every day. Okay, I take that back. It was 70 yesterday and I woke up to 46 degrees this morning, but whatever. We're used to it and I can tell that summer is just around the corner, and that means only one thing. BARBECUING! Which leads me to my next review...

Wicked Good Barbecue is a bit of a ballsy title, but considering the authors won the biggest, baddest BBQ competition in the world...they have a right. Andy Husbands and Chris Hart won countless ribbons for their BBQ recipes, but their biggest accomplishment was winning the Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational Barbecue, and yes, they are from Boston. With the help of some friends (Andrea Pyenson and Steven Raichlen), these two badass barbecuers compiled their most fabulous recipes, including the Jack Daniel's. Hey, thanks boys.


This barbecue cookbook is filled with amazing barbecue recipes, but you have got to check out the sides. Their cornbread, lobster chowder, and cheesy grilled corn dishes will make you question every "favorite" birthday meal your mama's ever made you in your life. And I haven't even gotten to the meat loaf. Yes, I do consider meatloaf a side, don't judge me.

Here's a taste:


No comments: