Thursday, May 3, 2012

a break from the norm.

Let me begin by saying that Mark Leyner has written a book titled, Why Do Men Have Nipples? I just wanted to help you properly set your expectations of his latest work of fiction, The Sugar Frosted Nutsack. Your previous expectations sky rocketed I'm sure. Leyner is unlike any other fiction writer today. I mean, sometimes I feel as if he writes his books while on acid. In Nutsack (nuts are funny) there were a lot of confusing rambles that mildly grossed me out and at times, had me contemplating Leyner's sanity. Mostly, I was fascinated. I've always wanted to get into the head of someone who's tripping, and this was as close as I could get.


I wish I could fully explain what the novel is about, but I'm having a hard time putting its literary elements into words. An episode of It's Always Sunny is far more coherent. Send me a hit of acid and I'll try again.

No comments: