Monday, July 30, 2012

cute, cute, cute.

I travel a lot. And when I do I pack light so that I can strap all of my belongings to my back and call it a day. It's a good thing manfriend is a chiropractor or I'd be in trouble. I'm a rather petite girl, so when I walk around with these giant backpacks busting at the seams, it looks a little silly, and potentially dangerous. Strangers have had to keep me from backwards when entering and exiting trains, planes, boats, buses, etc. I wonder how many stories I am in at random Christmas parties every year. Probably a few.

For my 2 1/2 week stay in Italy and Greece last summer.


I love novels based on travel. I am all for the true Eat, Pray, Love kind of stories, but am perfectly happy with the fictional ones like, In the Bag by Kate Klise, as well. Daisy Sprinkle and Andrew Nelson are strangers traveling abroad with their children, Coco and Webb. When the two teenagers accidentally switch luggage at baggage claim, they speak over email and develop a pretty adorable relationship while their parents attend to their work, Coco's in Paris and Webb's in Madrid. I could not wait for these two smitten teenagers to meet. It's all very flirtatious and young, which is exactly what I look for in a teeny-bopper summer read.


No comments: