Saturday, October 6, 2012

for the dog lovers.

I do not keep up on the dog show circuit. Honestly, I don't think I've ever actually watched a dog show, unless you count the Sex and the City episode where Charlotte shows Elizabeth Taylor. I'm going to count it.

In Show Dog: The Charmed Life and Trying Times of a Near-Perfect Purebread, Josh Dean gives a whole new understanding to the dog showing hobby.  Dean takes us behind the scenes, and with much humor, tells the story of Jack, his Australian shepherd show dog. I now know way more than I ever needed to know about the breeding process. Really, way more. The most fun was reading about all of the crazy "Toddlers in Tiaras" type people that crossed Dean's path. Show Dog is the very sweet and funny story of a beloved family dog.


No comments: