Friday, March 22, 2013

spin the bottle.

Ahhhh, kissing games. I liked them so much during my adolescent days I would make new ones up and share them with any boy I had my eye on. Or sometimes I would just grab their faces and kiss them. I like to kiss. Still. Anyways...

Aidan Chambers has created a collection of sixteen short stories involving young people on the verge of adulthood titled The Kissing Game. I love myself some short fiction ALMOST as much as I love myself some kissing. This collection is not as romantic as the title suggests. These short works (I say works because some are more scenes than stories) describe the multiple sides of relationships. From the rush of meeting someone new to the struggle of living in your siblings shadow, each story brings a unique voice, both male and female. This collection is short and sweet, just like this review. Enjoy :)


No comments: