Friday, April 19, 2013

being polish has never been so easy.

I am proud to be Polish, probably a little too proud. Although it's past Dyngus Day, and it would have been much cuter to have a themed review, I am going to give you a little taste of my heritage with Laura and Peter Zeranski's Polish Classic Desserts, anyway. I mean, everyday is Dyngus Day if you have a pussy willow on hand, am I right?




For those of you who do not have a grandparent who holds all of the coveted Polish dessert recipes on hand, this is the perfect authentic recipe book for you. All of my favorites are included: cheesecakes, sweet pierogi's, and my number one, the rhubarb crumble. This is like looking through my grandfather's hand written recipes, only more legible and with more torte options. The Polish are known for their need for a sweet ending, and the Zeranski's have compiled a fabulous collection of the many crowd pleasers. From tarts to Babka's, no classic sweet is left behind. Each recipe is easy to follow and 100% traditional. If you are looking for an already perfected Polish dessert recipe, look no further my friends.

No comments: