Monday, August 5, 2013

The more children's books I read, the more I realize that I got into the wrong profession. I have about eighty picture books stuck up in my head. I could make millions! I mean, you are basically paid to be a tad corny and silly. I am already those things. Move over Deborah Lee Rose, I'm coming through! Ha, just kidding I have zero follow through. Moving on...


As I was saying, Deborah Lee Rose's Someone's Sleepy was published last month. It is illustrated in a soft and adorable fashion by Dan Andreasen, and is basically a right before you go to sleep kind of story. Our little main character is playing, and gets a bit sleepy. She goes through the process of getting ready for bed; taking a bath, putting on pj's, brushing teeth, being tucked in, getting kisses from mommy, and snuggling with favorite stuffed animals, before she drifts off to dream land. It's much sweeter than Adam and Ricardo's Go the F*ck to Sleep. However, I highly recommend both as there is a time and place for everything.

No comments: