Friday, May 9, 2014

pirate fan must read.

I am not a huge Pirates fan by any stretch of the imagination, Yankees all the way. But I have always had a special place in my heart for the Pirates ever since my older brother was on their little league team and in his baseball photo he looked exactly like Napoleon Dynamite. It doesn't get much better than that.

I know many of you ARE Pirates fans, which is why I wanted to spice up my life a bit and read Steve Ziants' 100 Things Pirates Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die so that I could review it for you. You're welcome. 100 Things opens with a favorite memory of many who were alive in 1960 and a history lesson for fans who weren't, Game 7 in the 1960 World Series vs. the Yankees. My grandpa was probably super pissed about it, but what a game for Pirates fans. Sunday sports editor of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Ziants takes many a walk down memory lane in this book, his stories are short and sweet and absolutely worth the read for any Pirates fan or baseball buff in general.


No comments: