Thursday, June 26, 2014

what a treat.

I've had some of the best food of my life during my many travels. In-N-Out Burger for one was a like euphoria in my mouth. But really though, the best pasta I've ever eaten was in Rome. The best fish and chips I've ever tasted was at a pub in London. The BEST gyro's and taziki in Santorini, so fricken good. I do have a point. My next review is on food expert Kim Sunee's A Mouthful of Stars: A Constellation of Favorite Recipes from My World Travels which carries recipes of her favorite eats from all around the globe. Each recipe has a story or a memory shared of the place where it originated. Some countries included are North Africa, India, Mexico, Italy. There's a chapter dedicated to Paris. And finally a list of recipes so that you can try to recreate traditional meals from these faraway places. I love the narrations of cities toured, food eaten, champagne tasted, this is absolutely the book for me and any travel enthusiast and foodie rolled into one.



No comments: