Monday, September 15, 2014

it's an Everygirl world.

Maria Menounos used to be a little fat, (I mean, she was more normal sized than fat but it still makes me feel better about my life). I just love that she's not one of those celebrities that responds to questions about their amazing figures with "oh, I have good genes", she DOESN'T have good genes. She has real life Greek eating genes. And in her book, The Everygirl's Guide to Diet and Fitness: How I Lost 40lbs And Kept It Off - And How You Can Too! is filled with ways for you to get a girlish figure without yo-yo dieting, she even includes interviews trainers, dieticians, researchers and even celebrities who add to her fountain of information.


Personally, I love how Maria includes HER story. She grew up being a healthy kid, but once she hit high school and college, she gained weight, and didn't stop. Her addiction to Brown Sugar Pop-Tarts makes me realize that celebrities really ARE just like us, I'm with ya girlfriend. It was 1999, after she had attempted every fad diet in the book, that she finally woke up. She created her own diet/fitness plan that worked for her and her lifestyle and in turn lost 40 pounds within a year. Slow and steady does win the race when it comes to weight loss. But when she got into the entertainment industry, she was always strapped for time and found herself eating fast food 1-2 times a day. It didn't affect her weight much because she kept her portions small, but it did affect her health, and even hospitalized her! Maria shares all of her secrets of being healthy AND slim, without spending a ton of cash or having very much time at all. And that my friends, is the life of an Everygirl.

No comments: