Wednesday, October 1, 2014

you can never have too many practice problems.

I never took Calculus, I have more of a reading mind than a numbers mind, but when kids in my study hall started busting out their Calculus homework and their big pathetic puppy dog eyes asking for help (ALREADY), I knew I had to figure something out. And WAHLA! Calculus FOR DUMMIES. I love any For Dummies book, I read and review them all the time because they are cheap ways to learn things (or get better at things) without having to admit that you need help to a real live person.



Calculus: 1,001 Practice Problems For Dummies (+ Free Online Practice) (For Dummies (Math & Science)) by Patrick Jones has (a shocking) 1,001 problems for you to practice along with all of the answers (with full detailed explanations) in the back of the book. This book is not going to teach you Calculus, that is what your teacher is for. It is simply going to help you understand the problems better, practice, and hopefully get the hang of it more so than you're doing now in class. Because face it, you're lost. PatrickJMT also has a YouTube channel, the guy's a savant I tell ya, just in case you need even more help than a thousand practice problems can give you. I absolutely recommend this book to those of you who are just starting Calculus, Pre-Calculus or are taking a class that requires you to brush up on your math skills.

No comments: